Macaroni fruit salad::::
I nowadays keep handful of boiled macaroni aside while preparing mac 'n' cheese and mixing with fresh summer fruits and lettuce gives a delicious cool pasta salad what goes very well with grilled fish or chicken. Though I love to have for my weekday lunch.
half cup of boiled macaroni or any pasta,
one cup chopped lettuce,
4-5 nos. strawberries, chopped,
1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn,
1/2 cup chopped cucumber,
1/2 cup chopped green apple,
handful of chopped celery,
1/4 tsp olive / canola oil,
1 tsp white rice vinegar/ lemon juice,
1 tsp fat-free ranch / mayonnaise ,
rock salt to taste.
Mix everything together in a big bowl except ranch and lemon juice. While serving , mix ranch / mayonnaise and sprinkle lemon juice / vinegar. Add salt. You can keep it covered in refrigerator before serving.
Penne pasta with chicken n Alfredo sauce ::::
Pasta is always family favorite and complete dinner too. I felt tired of so many parties and Indian restaurant food every time. Pasta with lots of vegetables simmered in chicken Alfredo sauce was refreshing to set our taste buds. I have had this delicious dish made by Panchalee from my native place and tried with little modifications.
one packet penne pasta,
one small different color bell pepper/capsicum,
one small size onion,carrot n celery stalk,
6-7 nos. broccoli florets, medium size
one can boneless chicken pieces,cooked
one cup Alfredo sauce,
1/3 cup milk,
1/4 tbsp garlic powder,
one cup shredded cheddar cheese,
fresh or dried parsley leaves and spring onions for garnishing,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Heat enough water in a vessel with salt and little oil. Add broccoli florets in boiling water for 5-7 mins. Then take out all the florets and put it in cold water. This process helps to retain color and stop over-cooking.
2. Add pasta to the same boiling water and cook as directed.
3. Chop finely all the vegetables and onions. Wash canned chicken pieces nicely and drain out extra water.
4. Heat oil in a pan or wok, add chopped onion and garlic powder and saute for 2-3 mins. Then add other vegetables sprinkling salt and pepper. Saute for 5 mins or until vegetables are almost done. Add cooked chicken and saute for another 5 mins.
5. Now add Alfredo sauce and mix everything slowly. If needed, add half cup more. While mixing , add milk and pepper and saute for sometime. Add cooked pasta and broccoli and mix nicely. Adjust salt here.
6. Sprinkle enough shredded cheese and slightly mix and then shift pasta to a flatten baking bowl or vessel.Preheat oven to 275F and then place the vessel or bowl inside the oven for 10 mins or until cheese melts.
7. Sprinkle finely chopped spring onions and serve hot.
You can use vegetables of you choice and leftover chicken pieces also. Instead of Alfredo sauce, you can use mayonnaise and white cheese sauce. You can toss everything with shredded cheese too and serve cold with lettuce too.
Penne pasta stir-fry :::
Pasta is always kids' favorite and I like to prepare for my son lunch box. With lots of vegetables and nice aroma of garlic gives awesome taste and nutrition too. I followed the recipe what was written on the back of whole wheat pasta packet.
One packet of whole wheat penne pasta,
one medium size bell pepper, sliced
10 nos. broccoli florets,
one small carrot, thinly sliced
2 tbsp tomato puree,
1 tsp black pepper powder,
1 tsp red chilli flakes,
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic,
2 tbsp butter or oil,
one cup shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese,
one can boneless chicken cubes, drained and washed
salt to taste.
1. Heat enough water in a large pan adding salt and few drops of oil. While water starts boiling , add broccoli florets and wait for 5 min and then take out and put all the florets in ice water. In that way, broccoli floret will retain its color and crispiness.
2. Now add pasta to the same boiling water and cook until done. Then strain all the water and keep aside. Or use the instructions written on the pasta packet.
3. Heat butter or oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and fry on low flame for a minute. Add tomato puree and salt. Cook for 2 more minutes. And then add chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 mins and then add all the vegetables and saute on high-medium flame stirring continuously until done. Add boiled pasta and sprinkle pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Toss nicely and once done, sprinkle shredded cheese and if needed more chilli flakes and pepper powder. Serve hot.
If use canned chicken cubes then wash nicely and then add to the pan. Adjust your spice level and cheese too. You can use boiled sliced eggs too.
Easy Chicken fajita ::::
Broccoli Chicken with Thin Spaghetti..